Baseball Tonight Tour bus - Temple Diablo Mon March 12th

Baseball Tonight Tour bus - Temple Diablo Mon March 12th

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Training Day 3: Peoria Diamondbacks @ Padres

Sunday, March 11th

Today was a good day.  We drove to the Peoria Sports Complex which is the home of the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners. We went to the East Campus which is where the Padres have their batting practice.  We arrived around 10am. 

I was able to get all 3 bobbleheads signed. First I was able to get a Clayton Richard bobblehead and a (1) card signed and then a Kyle Blanks bobblehead and (2) cards signed  On cards I was able to get Padres prospect Robbie Erlin (1 card), prospect Jedd Gyorko (1 card), Starting pitcher Cory Luebke on (3) cards. Micah Owings signed (2 cards) and said this is when I had a little bit more hair, referring to the fact he doesn't have that much hair any more (haha). 

Before the game, but inside the stadium I called Huston Street and he came over and signed for me an 8x10 (1) Rookie of the Year photo and he put To Mike on it!  He was really nice, he signed a couple (2) cards as well.  Mark Kotsay also signed a card (1) for me inside and was talking with the fans.  A nice guy.  Finally, one of the Padres top prospects, Third Basemen, Corey Spangenberg took a photo with me after signing a card (1). 

After being taken out of the game, in autograph alley, Cameron Maybin signed a card (1) for me and it was hard, there were a ton of fans trying to get him.  I also was able to get Daniel Hudson of the Dbacks on a card (1), Jeremy Hermida of the Padres on (2) cards, Lyle Overbay of the Dbacks on (1) card and talked to him about the fact the entire starting infield for the Dbacks were former Toronto Blue Jays and that we miss him in Toronto and I am rooting for him and the other guys.  But, he likes being back in Arizona and the National League.  I also got Aaron Hill on a card, saw Johnny Mac and he remembered us! I was able to get Evereth Cabrera on the last remaining Padres bobblehead. Will Venable signed (4) cards. Rymer Liriano signed (1) card. I also got Jason Bartlett to sign a photo I had with him and Craig Breslow of the Diamondbacks signed the Sporting News magazine fro September 2010 that he is on the cover of for being the smartest athlete (in all sports!). 

19 players signed for me. 15 Padres, 4 Diamondbacks.  Plus I talked to Johnny Mac and Johnny Mac signed for my dad a baseball (and put Scituate Mass on it).
Magazine - 1 (Breslow)
8x10 - 2 (Bartlett, Street)
Bobbleheads - 3 (Cabrera, Richard, Blanks)
Cards - 25 (see above for list)
31 different items signed!   Best day so far!!

Tomorrow, trying to decide where to go...most likely Angels (Temple Diablo) as the ESPN Bus will be there ant Tim Kurkjian.  Plus get to see Scott Downs and Vernon Wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment