Baseball Tonight Tour bus - Temple Diablo Mon March 12th

Baseball Tonight Tour bus - Temple Diablo Mon March 12th

Friday, April 6, 2012

Orioles Home Opener - April 6th, 2012

The 2012 MLB Regular Season is here!!!

 I drove up with my good friend Brandon and his son. I was not feeling well and was grateful that he gave me a ride (thanks BRANDON!!)

I have a new section and seat...I am now in Section 45, Row 2, Seat 7....for a 29 game plan.  I was looking forward to meeting the season ticket holders that would be sitting around me (as the first few rows are season ticket holders). And, the couple sitting next to me were extremely friendly and baseball fanatics...i chatted with them the entire game.  That's what I like, to meet other fans.

 I enjoyed the game....Markakis hit a homer and a triple (should have been an inside the park home run, but he did not run it out as he thought the left fielder was going to catch it).  Also, Arrieta pitched very well!   Jamey Carroll on the Twins made some nice defensive plays and Josh Willingham through out (I think Markakis) at home. He also hit a home run in the 9th (which i did not see, as I left at the end of the 8th to go to Potbelly's).

After the game, I got Matt Capps on 3 4x6 photos that were given to me by Dawn (another fan) back in 2010. It was Capps last game actually with the Nats.  Matt remembered me, he said I looked familiar, but was confused as I had an O's jacket and hat....i told him I was only wearing this because it was opening day. I am a Nats fan (couldn't tell him I was a Jays fan too)....i only wear O's gear for the home opener. But, we chatted about Drew Storen and the Nats while he signed all 3 photos and I told him that I was still very upset about that trade. (which i am--Mike Rizzo!!).

So, I came to the game hoping to get any of the three following players (Matt Capps, Josh Willingham or Ryan Doumit).  And i got Capps!!!

 My next O's game--April 25th vs the Jays!! ....unless I go back this weekend.

 Can't wait to see the Jays though!!!

 Michael "Bobblehead Guy"

No comments:

Post a Comment