Baseball Tonight Tour bus - Temple Diablo Mon March 12th

Baseball Tonight Tour bus - Temple Diablo Mon March 12th

Monday, February 28, 2011

Spring Training-Jays

Spring Training is always a fun time to follow baseball.  Players are excited to get the season started, they are battling to be on the 25 man roster.  You get to see your top prospects and what they have to offer. You get to see baseball game after a LONG winter.

31 days until the regular season begins!

Once the season begins I will be posting blogs on a regular basis.  I hope to go to 2 games a week on average.  I will post pics, recaps of the games and talk about the conversations I have had with the players. Most will probably be the Blue Jays....they are my main team (like the Nats too but they don't talk to fans as much as the Jays).

I am interested in seeing the Jays and how they gel. They have alot of new guys in the bullpen with Jon Rauch Octavio Dotel, Frank Francisco.  This will be JP's first shot at being the starting catcher. We will see how my buddy Adam Lind does playing first base. Will Jose Bautista play right or 3rd (and he will hit 37-42 homers this year)?  Will Aaron Hill bounce back after a tough year last year? YES....he is an excellent all around 2nd basemen.  Yunel Escobar, he is a superb shortshop. I am excited to see Raji Davis play, only saw him a little with the A's. 

I hope my main man Travis Snider recovers from an injury he just suffered and is able to play 130-140 games. He has power, he has a good glove, a hard-nosed player and he is a great guy, very fan friendly and i will always be rooting for him!  Thank you Alex A (AA) for not trading Snider for Greinke or Garza.

We have an up and coming young starting rotation with Romero, Morrow, Cecil, Drabek and I'd like to see Rzepczynski as the number 5 but we will see how he and some of the other contenders do this spring.

And the bench will hopefully improve, but we have Johnny Mac back and he is the heart and sole of the Jays.  He goes out there whether its in a late inning defense replacement role or a pinch running role or if he is starting, he goes out there with the same intensity and heart. Johnny Mac....you are the man!

I love baseball. Always have. Ever since I was born.  I will write about different teams and players....but NO team has my love like the Jays.....heck some of the guys even know my name and recognize me...

I will deeply miss seeing Scott Downs and Vernon Wells. I wish those two guys the VERY BEST out in Anaheim.  I will see you guys when you come to Bmore.  Those of you that know me, know the reason I became a Jays fan almost 6 years ago was because of Vernon Wells and shortly after that Scott Downs became my favorite pitcher. Good luck guys!

It would be my dream to have players read my blog.  It will get better with pics of me with players and writing the conversations, quotes etc....


31 days..........I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


mike "bobblehead guy"

No comments:

Post a Comment